Sunday, December 7, 2008

The Twisted Biological Clock

The Sleep

As my pledge to improve my English language there will be some post in this blog that will be in English language. Of course they will be a lot of grammatical & vocabulary error.. hehe. Plenty of them perhaps. As the first english post I would like to share with all of you about this problem of sleep disoder.

When we small and still in cradle, some of us love to woke our parents at night due to our uncomfortable feeling. But that is not the disoder of sleep that i want to share here. Of course, babies slept a lot... a lot! and their growth could be retarded if they not having enough sleep.

As we grow, we are adapting ourselves to sleep at night and active throughout the day( some of us may also sleep because of tired). During this period which is between 3- 21yrs old, sleep is very important for our development. Lack of sleep at the proper time will affect our growth during this period. But, there are some of us that do not need that much sleep(6-8hour)especially when we enter the 2ndry school. Specifically during the big examination time. We tend to sleep only for 4-5 hours per day to compensate the study period. We sacrifice our night and sleep in order to do that. Here where the alteration start...





The Disorder


Heavy caffeine intake in order to supply the adequate energy to wake up at night more or less is one of the factor of this inner clock alteration. Other than that are the excessive anxiety, pressure, new downloaded korean drama, talking with her/ his... and many2 more. The common thing between these factors are they took our good night sleep. But the point is, do we really need that 7-8 hours sleep? some expert say yes.. but some say 6.5- 7hours is already enough. So, make your choice.

As a medical student, some of us will have the symptoms where we tend to sleep as early as 10 o'clock and wake up at 1 o'clock in the morning!(it happen to me =(
3 hours is so short. Then the way to complete the six hours is sleep for 1hour before subuh. Sleep another 40minutes after that. Then, sleep for 20minutes during the break in the mosque. The other 1hour I don't have any idea where to find the suitable time for it. It just develop before the minitest, I think I kinda like it. I have friend who are worst than this... sometimes he come to class without getting any sleep before that. But usually headache will be followed after that.

As a conclusion, sleep when we thinks we need it and avoid excessive sleep. Allah has create sleep for us as the way of relaxation (An- Naba'78:9).
p/s: it is also encourage to all of you to wake up early so that we can do qiamulail (it is one of the generator of iman strength). HaPPy PraCtiCing..

help me in improving my english okay? ('_')'

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gud2..tryin to improve ur english..
congratulation (dr. imad immun's style)..

by the way..what do u do during this weekend?

i miss all of u so much..u, syed faris, su, sarip, kujek, nudin, hayul dlmm T_T

Aizuddin said...

is that true?
I'm glad you said that, quite touching..(starting to cry).
I'm helping my father to kemas rumah. other than that I serve internet all the time to update my blog.
I think I want to open Immune book tonight. I think only... don't know I will do it or not... hehe